Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tutu wants choice of assisted death

From Health 24-

South African retired Anglican archbishop and anti-apartheid icon Desmond Tutu celebrated his 85th birthday on Friday, saying he would like to be allowed the option of dignified assisted death.

Treated with compassion

"Today, I myself am even closer to the departures hall than arrivals, so to speak, and my thoughts turn to how I would like to be treated when the time comes," Tutu wrote in an op-ed published in The Washington Post.

"I have prepared for my death and have made it clear that I do not wish to be kept alive at all costs," said Tutu, who was discharged from hospital late last month.


More here-

http://www.health24.com/Lifestyle/Seniors-and-caregivers/News/tutu-wants-choice-of-assisted-death-20161010

No comments: