Friday, June 16, 2017

Bishop Johnson Calls for the Ordination of his Successor in 2019

From West Tennessee-

June 15, 2017

Dear Friends,

I met with the Standing Committee of the Diocese today to inform them of my plan to continue, God willing, to serve as Bishop Diocesan of West Tennessee into 2019.  I have been in contact with the Presiding Bishop to ask him to set the date of the ordination of my successor in accordance with his timeframe. 

The Standing Committee will now begin to take the required canonical steps to lead the Diocese through the nomination and election process.  By Canon, I am required to fully delegate this responsibility to the Standing Committee.  I trust that their work will lead to a smooth transition of leadership, and I invite you to join with me in praying for them, the Diocese, and all who will be engaged in this process.  The Standing Committee will be in touch with you to provide information about their work in the weeks ahead.


More here-

http://episwtn.org/bishop-johnson-calls-for-the-ordination-of-his-successor-in-2019/

No comments: