Friday, February 9, 2018

The Episcopal Diocese of Bethlehem Transition Committee

From The Diocese of Bethlehem-

The Standing Committee of the Diocese of Bethlehem is pleased to announce the approved slate of nominees received from the Search Committee for the IX Bishop of Bethlehem.

The Rev. Canon Kevin D. Nichols 

We live in a time where religious and other institutions are being dismantled. I see this as a moment for us as the Church to recover our purpose for why we are here - for reconciliation and to offer God’s love and healing where there has been painful damage. The Diocese of Bethlehem, in its diverse landscapes, is rich and fertile ground for God’s planting and pruning (John 15). 


The Rev. Canon Ruth Woodliff-Stanley

Six months ago, I refused to look down as we ascended 415 feet on Zumanjaro, the world’s tall-est drop ride. We paused, then plunged 90 miles per hour to the ground in 6 seconds. They say on a clear day you can see Philadelphia from the top. I wouldn’t know, as I didn’t look out. Now, I am a coaster aficionado, but drop rides terrify me. In line, I said, “I’m not doing this….” My sons responded, “You can do this, Mom.” And George recited his courage mantra, “Do scary things.” 


More here-

http://www.bishopsearchdiobeth.org/nominees.html

No comments: