Tuesday, September 18, 2018

‘It is going to wreck my life’: Immigration judge may deport retired Alton priest

From Texas-

Supporters of a retired Alton priest are rallying to raise money for his legal fees as he faces likely deportation because of a mistake he made 12 years ago based on misinformation.

“My immigration lawyer tells me deportation is inevitable and that the position I might be granted is voluntary departure, but it is up to the decision of the immigration judge,” said the Rev. David Boase, 69, who retired in 2014 from St. Paul Episcopal Church, 10 E. Third St.

“Technically, I am not being deported, I will leave on my own account,” he said if the judge allows the voluntary departure for him to go back to England. “I have to leave America — my home, my church and my friends. I’ve been here 14 years. My life is here. It is going to wreck my life. I am so happy here, in the parish, in the community and the area. It is a mess.”

More here-

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/8216-It-is-going-to-wreck-my-life-8217-13236413.php

No comments: