Saturday, April 13, 2019

Seven Reasons to Be an Episcopalian

From What God Wants For Your Life-

My wife, The Reverend Natalie Van Kirk, is Rector of Saint Barnabas, Glen Ellyn, Illinois. We have been preaching a series of sermons based upon what we have called, “Questions Our Youth Are Asking.” It has been a good service and their questions have been thought provoking.  One of the most recent questions was, “What does it mean to be an Episcopalian?”

That’s been a popular question for a long time, but I’m not always sure that even we Episcopalians know how to answer it.  I have heard people say that the thing they love about being an Episcopalian is that you don’t need to believe anything in particular.  (I must confess I find that explanation really frustrating and it isn’t remotely true.)  I have heard other people say it’s because we love a procession.  (I have met people like that.  I served in one diocese where a lot of people loved a procession, but they were really Baptists in almost every other way.)  And then, of course, there is the famous list that Robin Williams, the comedian once offered.  If you haven’t seen that list, you can Google it.

Here are my reasons:

More here-

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/whatgodwantsforyourlife/2019/04/seven-reasons-to-be-an-episcopalian/?fbclid=IwAR3KbF0sbQq_c7RPx6qBeH4QV1P8EMPsIOBhRUoHXP-HFqHJ3nrenxQCZ6I

No comments: