Saturday, August 24, 2019

Vincentian woman to be ordained priest in Anglican Church next week

From The Windward Islands-

For the FIRST time ever, a Vincentian woman will be ordained priest in the Anglican Church in the Diocese of the Windward Islands.

Alison Samuel will also be the first female to be ordained priest by the Anglican Church here in St Vincent and the Grenadines, at a ceremony which takes place on August 28 at the Church of the Ascension at Sion Hill.

“My spiritual journey began since a child. I remember my mom taking me to Sunday School the first time and I was so fascinated by the story I heard about Jesus and as time went by, she made sure we went to Sunday School and church every Sunday,” she told SEARCHLIGHT in an interview on Tuesday.

The Paul’s Avenue resident said it was during those early days that she developed a love for the Bible. She went on to join the adult choir at the St George’s Cathedral at age 11 and later served as a Sunday school teacher and then the superintendent of the Sunday School.

More here-

https://searchlight.vc/searchlight/news/2019/08/23/vincentian-woman-to-be-ordained-priest-in-anglican-church-next-week/

No comments: