Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Gay Anglican priests fight to get church blessing of their same-sex marriage

From Australia-

It's a unique love story. Two gay Anglican priests from opposite sides of the world who meet and fall in love.

Father John Davis and Father Rob Whalley met two decades ago in California.

Father Whalley said it was love at first sight.

"I looked at him and I thought, I could be with this guy for a long time, we actually see the world in much the same way," he told 7.30.

"I said to myself, 'There's no future in it at all. This is an absolutely global impossibility. You're from Australia. I'm from California.' And he looked at me at that moment and said, 'I love you'.
"And I said, 'Well, there is that'."

On Tuesday, exactly 20 years from the day they first locked eyes, they tied the knot in a small civil ceremony in Melbourne.

They had hoped to have their matrimonial union blessed this weekend at a small country church service, but now a major church legal challenge is standing in their way, with the matter referred to the church's Appellate Tribunal.

More here-

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-11/anglican-church-delayed-in-same-sex-marriage-blessing/11501146

No comments: