Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Traditionalists, not liberals, are at fault for Anglican rift

Two letters to the Manchester Guardian about their Lambeth coverage. One claims that its the conservatives not the liberals who are to blame for the rift. The other is sort of a pox on both houses argument.

"Your leader (headline) (August 4) has us Anglicans divided into "liberal" and "evangelical" camps at war over homosexuality. I do not recognise myself as a member of either camp, and neither, I think, would most Anglicans. If asked whether I wish to align myself with Nigerian fundamentalism or American liberalism, I would answer: "Neither of the above." I flatter myself that the Archbishop of Canterbury would entirely agree with me in this."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/06/anglicanism.religion

1 comment:

The Rev Canon Dr David Wilson said...

From the "fair and balanced" Guardian, no less!