Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bishop Andrus Has Prostate Cancer


From The Living Church- (For what its worth, I wouldn't recomend Googeling for prostate cancer images)

The Rt. Rev. Marc Andrus, Bishop of California since 2006, will undergo prostate-cancer surgery on Sept. 28. The bishop disclosed his condition in a brief post on his weblog on Monday.

This is a “common cancer, caught at an early, low-grade stage,” the bishop wrote.

The bishop expressed his gratitude for receiving messages of concern.

“I've been getting telephone calls, handwritten notes, and emails from people who, in addition to assuring me of their love and prayers, have become heartbreakingly, beautifully vulnerable by telling me their own stories,” Bishop Andrus wrote. “I realized how costly the recounting of these stories was, how it was bringing back all the fear, and in some cases the loss associated with the different diseases faced. They did this out of love for me. In this I learned a new way to understand and define prayer, and I thought, here is my daily bread, produced out of suffering and pain, and transmuted by these human bearers of Christ into something life-giving.”

http://www.livingchurch.org/news/news-updates/2009/9/15/bishop-andrus-has-prostate-cancer

No comments: