Sunday, August 7, 2011

Labor for love: Alex Rhodes uses his love for the outdoors to help his church


From Missouri-

Alex Rhodes uses his love for the outdoors to help with the lawn care at his church, Christ Episcopal Church in Cape Girardeau. The son of Joel and Jeanie Rhodes, Alex will be a junior this year at Cape Girardeau Central High School. He participates in pole vaulting, wrestling and cross country. He also enjoys hunting and hanging out with friends. Here he shares about how he lives his faith through works of service.

How long have you been involved in Christ Episcopal Church?

Since I was 7.

What do you like most about your church?

It's a small church, so you get to know everybody there, and you know everybody's name. It's like a family.

How are you involved in your church?

I help out with the lawn care, mowing the lawn, with the food pantry, and I help with the Sunday free meal for the community. If it's snowy, I shovel the snow and stuff like that.

How did you get involved in your church?

When my parents got divorced, my mom married my stepdad and that's when we started going to Christ Episcopal Church. When I was 9, I became an altar boy and would help carry the cross and help with the sermon, and I still do that today. Then three years ago I started mowing the lawn and helping with most of the other lawn care at church. I try to do jobs as they need me to.

More here-

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1750934.html

No comments: