Monday, March 19, 2012

Hair sacrificed to help cancer patients


From New York-

Jason Lango ran his fingers over his not-hair again and again, getting accustomed to the fuzz like an astronaut taking his first hesitant steps in outer space.

It had been there 30 minutes before — long brown locks, the kind that take a while to grow.

He lost them in an instant Sunday at St. James’ Episcopal Church in Skaneateles, one of 70 people taking part in a St. Baldrick’s head-shaving fundraiser for children with cancer.
“It feels weird not having it in my face,” mused Lango, an assistant coach for the Morrisville men’s lacrosse team. “I think everyone, including my co-workers, will laugh at me.”
He paused.

“Laugh WITH me,” he corrected himself. “Well, they probably won’t recognize me.”
St. Baldrick’s is a national foundation that helps shave thousands of heads each spring, creating solidarity with children who have undergone chemotherapy and raising money to help find a cure for common juvenile cancers.

Read more:

http://auburnpub.com/news/local/hair-sacrificed-to-help-cancer-patients/article_d34e5be6-716a-11e1-b46e-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1pYmGyPTQ

No comments: