Monday, July 28, 2014

Hebron church members vow to move forward, post fire

From Easton-

As fire ripped through St. Paul's Episcopal Church off Route 50 in Hebron, Ron Knapp sat against a nearby tree.

Knapp, the pastor of the church, tried to make sense of the 240-year-old church burning Tuesday, while sitting there. Then he saw his wife.

"My wife appeared with my pectoral cross, this wooden one, with this silver corpus that I had been given the day I was ordained 45 years ago," he said to his congregation Sunday, holding up the cross. "She told me that a firefighter had emerged from the remains with cross dangling from his hands. And I had been looking for this cross for weeks.


More here-

http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/news/local/maryland/2014/07/27/stpauls-fire-recovery/13244717/

No comments: