Monday, July 28, 2014

Volunteers from Austin church traveling to border to help undocumented immigrants

From Texas- (with video)

A local church is headed to the Texas/Mexico border to help care for the children and families that have crossed into America.

Volunteers at St. James' Episcopal Church left around 2 p.m. Sunday for their five day mission trip.

"Whatever it is, we will roll up our sleeves and do what is required or what is needed," said Renette Bledsoe who is one of the volunteers on the trip.

40 members of St James' Episcopal Church are traveling to South Texas to help undocumented immigrants who have nowhere to go.

"I would shake my head as many of us would and say, 'what in the world can I do in order to help?' And when this opportunity became available it was like that was the answer. 'This is what I can do. I can do this. I can help,'" said Bledsoe.

St. James' Episcopal Church started collecting items to take to the border weeks ago, and after news of their trip spread, donations started pouring in. 



More here-

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/26124686/volunteers-from-austin-church-traveling-to-border-to-help-undocumented-immigrants

No comments: