Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A message from Bishop Shaw

From Massachusetts-

Bishop M. Thomas Shaw, SSJE sent on Aug. 25 the following message to clergy and parish and diocesan leadership:

My Sisters and Brothers,

As my date of retirement nears, I want to be in touch with all of you and to thank you for your continued expressions of care and concern.  We have known since the beginning, when I was diagnosed with brain cancer in May of last year, that we are dealing with a difficult kind of cancer.  We have been hopeful in the therapies we’ve pursued over these months, but we now know that for me there is no cure.  At the recommendation of my medical team, I’ve decided now to pursue a course of treatment that will provide a good quality of life, though for how long, we can’t be sure.


More here-

http://www.diomass.org/diocesan-news/message-bishop-shaw

1 comment:

Leonard said...

A person I admire greatly...now and before now. Thank you, Bishop Shaw