Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Episcopalians, Here’s Your TREC Report Summary

From Church Work-

This week in the Episcopal blogosphere, many posts are being written in response to the TREC report. I’m probably going to write one myself fairly soon. Before I do, it seemed important to figure out exactly what the report recommends. And since I’m a blogger, I thought I’d share. Not everybody is going to wade through 70+ pages. Here are the TREC recommendations in less than 1000 words. NB: This is not an official summary.

First, a review:

The Task Force to Reimagine the Episcopal Church was created by a resolution passed unanimously at the 2012 General Convention. A task force was created

"whose purpose shall be to present the 78th General Convention with a plan for reforming the Church’s structures, governance, and administration"


More here-

http://www.churchwork.com/episcopalians-heres-your-trec-report-summary/

No comments: