Friday, January 2, 2015

Hundreds of cyclists ride to honor Thomas Palermo

From NBC Baltimore-

Loved ones of Thomas Palermo said they wanted to pay tribute to his life, but Thursday's memorial event also attracted a lot of bike safety advocates.

"I'm a cyclist. I'm also an active Episcopalian so I wanted to show my church support for the Palermo family," Bel Air resident Nick McDonald said.

Those who wanted to pay tribute to Palermo's life gathered at Bishop Square Park, near the Episcopal Church Cathedral of the Incarnation. The gathering was organized by advocacy groups Bike Maryland and Bikemore.

"Something like this just brings to my attention to the fact that what we’re doing, if the drivers as well as ourselves aren't conscious of what we’re doing out there something like this could happen -- tragic," Owings Mills resident Earl McKnight said.


More here-

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/Hundreds-of-cyclists-ride-to-honor-Thomas-Palermo/30492528

No comments: