Monday, May 4, 2015

Catholic women priests fight for inclusion -- for all

From New Jersey-

The call to religious vocation came at different times in different ways. For some, it was a thunderclap, a great moment of clarity. For others, it was a building crescendo after a lifetime of being in harmony with their faith.

But the seven women ordained as Catholic priests last weekend in Morristown all agree on this: Their call to a religious pastoral life was genuinely sent by God and is as pure as any man's.

"For me, it was when I received my first Holy Communion," said Susan Schessler. "In that instant, I felt a very personal bond with Christ that was not breakable. Christ was there to me, and I was there to Christ. Like any relationship, we've had our ups and downs."


More here-

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/05/catholic_women_priests_fight_for_inclusion_--_for.html

No comments: