Sunday, April 16, 2017

Why do Christians keep inviting you to church?

From CNN-

"Hey, do you want to come to church with us on Easter?"

You may have heard this or something similar from a friend, co-worker or family member. Depending on where you live, perhaps you've already received a mailer or two about a local church service.

Maybe you've wondered why Christians like me won't just leave you alone. I assure you, it's not because we like imposing ourselves on others. In fact, for many of us, it's just the opposite.

On a recent Sunday, I stood up at Moody Church, an evangelical church in Chicago where I am interim pastor, and encouraged people to invite their friends to our Easter services. I reminded the congregation that Christians should be committed to the task of evangelism, that Jesus commanded it.

But I also know that, to atheists or adherents of other faiths, it can be confusing to know how to respond to such outreach. Understanding our motivation may help.

More here-

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/14/living/christians-invite-easter/index.html

No comments: