Thursday, June 14, 2018

Why Community Is Dangerous

From Plough-


America’s most frequently quoted theologian talks with Plough editor Peter Mommsen about the Benedict Option, evangelism, marriage, Christian communism, and why voting is overrated.

Peter Mommsen: Stanley, if I could sum up your influential career as a writer, you aim to help people live out the gospel more fully. Is that a fair description?

Stanley Hauerwas: I certainly hope so. I try to call attention to people who are living out the gospel in a way that makes my own life but a very pale reflection. I am thinking of people like Jean Vanier, the founder of the L’Arche community. If I know of anyone who is genuinely holy, it is Jean Vanier – not that he would ever think of himself that way. So in my writing about how to live according to the gospel, how to live to become the gospel, I try to direct attention to real people, not just to beliefs or concepts.

More here-

https://www.plough.com/en/topics/community/church-community/why-community-is-dangerous

No comments: