Sunday, January 27, 2019

WRAL’s David Crabtree admits on-air to ‘inappropriate’ relationship, cites church fallout

From Raleigh-

WRAL-TV lead anchor David Crabtree surprised viewers Friday night with a personal announcement delivered at the end of the station’s 6 p.m. newscast.

Crabtree announced that he had lost his position as a member of the clergy in the Episcopal Church because of an inappropriate relationship that violated church rules.

Crabtree’s statement was also posted online on the WRAL website:

“You may know that I am a member of the clergy in the Episcopal Church. On Friday, the church announced I have lost that position because I violated church rules.

“Years ago, I had a consensual relationship with a woman ... A relationship the church deemed inappropriate.

“I accept the decision. My actions were unacceptable. I apologize.

“My faith remains strong. I seek God’s forgiveness. I hope that, in time, I might earn yours.”

More here-

https://www.fayobserver.com/news/20190126/wrals-david-crabtree-admits-on-air-to-inappropriate-relationship-cites-church-fallout

No comments: