Thursday, December 20, 2012

Zimbabwe: Forgiveness Key in Anglican Saga

From Zimbabwe-

"I appeal to you brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. For it has been reported to me by Chloe's people that there is quarrelling among you, my brothers. What I mean is that each one of you says, 'I follow Paul,' or 'I follow Apollos,' or 'I follow Cephas,' or 'I follow Christ'. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptised in the name of Paul?" (I Corinthians 1:10-13)

In light of the above quotation from the bible, one wonders if the two archbishops from the Anglican Church of the Province of Central Africa and the Church of the Province of Zimbabwe have ever read this passage written by Paul to the Corinthians.

The raging dispute is now an over drummed issue. The discourse over who should pull the shorts between defrocked Archbishop Nolbert Kunonga and Chad Gandiya has been dominating news headlines of many newspapers. For the past five years several newspapers have been kept on their toes as they pursued an issue that has threatened to throw the church into a religious tinderbox.


More here-

http://allafrica.com/stories/201212200686.html

No comments: