Thursday, September 25, 2014

Gay Montana couple responds to excommunication

From Montana-

More than a month after being told they would no longer be able to participate in communion, Lewistown residents Paul Huff and Tom Wojtowick continue to sort through the events of the past several weeks, to try and make sense of the decision that was applied to them, and to ponder their future relationship with the Catholic Church.

“I’ll be 73 on Oct. 1, and I’ve been a Catholic since I was 2 weeks old,” Huff said. “I still have the same God that I believe in, and I don’t need this in my life.”

Wojtowick and Huff are both lifelong Catholics. They are also both gay men who have been a committed relationship for more than 30 years. They were married in a civil ceremony in Seattle on May 31, 2013.


More here-

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/local/2014/09/25/gay-montana-couple-responds-excommunication/16192565/

Also from the New York Times-

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/24/opinion/i-do-means-youre-done.html?smid=tw-share&_r=2

No comments: