Saturday, September 27, 2014

Why I've Left The Christian Left

From Fr. Keith Voets-

So - goodbye Christian Left, you've forced me out.  You make fun of me for believing in the literal resurrection of Jesus Christ, you call me names for insisting that the Church be about salvation and not a social work agency, you have yelled at me for believing that the Incarnation is a real thing, and you have called me sexist because I don't have a problem being called "Father Keith."  You may believe you are different than those right-wing fundamentalists you claim to despise, but actually the similarities are striking.  You can now find me in Broad-Churchville on Anglo-Catholic Tendency Street.  I wish you the best on your spiritual journey, I hope you can do the same for me.


More here-

http://theyoungcurmudgeonpriest.blogspot.com/2014/09/why-ive-left-christian-left.html?spref=tw

No comments: