Sunday, August 26, 2018

Anglican Church Staff Are Reuniting Families With Lost Victims Of Residential Schools

From Canada-

Nellie Hardisty was just a little girl from Moose Factory in Ontario when she disappeared into the morass of Indian residential schools and associated hospitals.

She died of turberculosis at the age of 12. None of her family ever saw her again or even knew where the smiling child with the deep dimples had been buried.

Decades later, her nephew Logan Jeffries finally held her picture. There they were, those dimples.
"I got a little emotional," he says.

"My whole family, my children, my grandchildren, all share those dimples. That's where it came from. That lady there. My mom always talked about those."

More here-

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/08/25/residential-schools-archivist-missing-children_a_23509348/

No comments: