Monday, November 23, 2015

Archbishop of Canterbury ‘Doubted’ God’s Presence After Paris Attacks

From Breitbart-

The most senior bishop in the Church of England has said the Paris terror attacks made him “doubt” the presence of God.

Justin Welby, who as Archbishop of Canterbury is de facto head of the Anglican Communion, the world’s third largest Christian denomination, said he was left asking where God could be in the suffering of the French victims.

He told the BBC’s Songs of Praise show: “Yes. Saturday morning – I was out and as I was walking I was praying and saying: ‘God why – why is this happening? Where are you in all this?’ and then engaging and talking to God. Yes, I doubt.”

When asked how he first reacted to the attacks, he said: “Like everyone else – first shock and horror and then a profound sadness – and in my family’s case, that is added to because my wife and I lived in Paris for five years.


More here-

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/22/archbishop-of-canterbury-doubted-gods-presence-after-terror-attacks/

No comments: