Monday, October 22, 2018

'Fire of faith': 7 parishes headed for merger celebrate first Mass in Lawrence County

From Western PA.

Susie Parran, a member of SS. John and Paul Parish in Franklin Park, regularly attended her church for years in large part because of the Rev. Joseph McCaffrey.

Now, amid church restructuring, Father McCaffrey, like many others, is being shifted elsewhere.
Ms. Parran, though, realized that the sacrifice Father McCaffrey was making by leaving SS. John and Paul meant he could go to the aid of others who need him more.

“I wasn’t sure how I would feel, but I got tears in my eyes because I was watching him do his thing,” she said Saturday evening shortly after watching Father McCaffrey lead the first Mass for newly merged Lawrence County parishes. “There’s just magic in him, there’s just the Holy Spirit. And to watch other people get that, I can almost say ‘OK now, he gets to help [more] people. We’re OK.’”

More here-

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/faith-religion/2018/10/20/seven-parishes-merge-churches-new-castle-first-Mass-Lawrence-County/stories/201810200070?fbclid=IwAR2tnh97vKZRX3z5wVeyJMLAs-Wyl7hwBoBFMNdyBcCbHXS04XFMTJdedpM

No comments: